In Episode 91 we discuss the latest tech news including:
- Lilium Aviation’s ‘flying car’ completes successful test flight.
- Announcements from the Facebook F8 Developer Conference.
- How HOP works.
- HOP’s point of difference and how it’s disrupting the ride sharing space in Australia.
- How Zeryab managed to raise capital in Australia for his business.
- The life of a young entrepreneur: Balancing business, education and travel.
- The challenges of being taken seriously as a young entrepreneur.
- Who takes care of HOP’s tech and how they intend to scale it.
- Tips for getting started as an entrepreneur: Passion, Persistence and Pivot.
- The future impact of self driving cars on the ride sharing model.
- The business vs. tech side of a start up.
- The value of surrounding yourself with the right people and advisors.
- The spirit of entrepreneurship in Australia vs. other countries.
The hosts of this Podcast are:
There’s simple mathematics behind it. When you’re not taking a 25-30% commission from the driver, you can basically reduce fares by let’s say another 10-15% against Uber or the rest of the competitors. So once you reduce those fares, you’re literally the cheapest option in the market without harming or without taking away any earnings from the driver. So the driver still makes more because you’ve just split up that commision figure into 2 halves. It’s cheaper but the driver still doesn’t miss out. They’re still making more than any other platform.