- A comparison between the technology scenes in San Francisco and New York.
- Technology’s place in society as an enabler of good and bad social outcomes.
- The requirement for large and powerful technology companies to act responsibly as stewards of society.
- The importance of building the right ethical choices into technology platforms.
- Challenges created by the limited technical literacy of elected US officials.
- Anil’s experience as advisor to the Obama Administration’s Office of Digital Strategy.
- The two step process of taking labour out of an industry: centralise and optimise a market, then automate it.
- The genesis and evolution of the Trello project management tool.
- The benefits and downsides of a remote technical team.
- Fog Creek Software’s latest product – Gomix – allowing you to build apps and bots quickly within a friendly social context.
- The connection between the ethical and diversity failings of the technology industry.
If you go to GoMix what you’ll see is, well it looks like an App store. Here’s a sample Slack bot, a sample Twitter bot, a sample Amazon Alexa skill. You click on it and immediately it opens up the code in this full development environment. But what’s happened in the backend is, it’s automatically spun up a brand new web server for you in the Amazon cloud, running node and connected to this code, pulled down the latest version of this code and has it deployed live to the web and that’s happening in about a second.